Soul, blade and fire. Part 3
Time – twists and curves, spins in eternal loop, repeats it self, and people are looking for places where they can alter past – or future. Tormented by they foolish actions or mistakes, longing for something more, making dreams come true or mistakes undone they study time and it curves to seek out paradoxes on which they can put they hands on and alter that, what do not need alteration. Mad men are doing the same with out needed knowledge- fail – and madness drives then into even deeper despair, where they are met with my nemesis, who gives them what they want and rips apart eternal loop, makes past, present and future unclear, nothing is clear now, random events shakes lands, where for many years there was peace now is war, where life is death. While time is shifting, my quest is unclear as well but i know one thing for sure i am about to embark on my biggest test to date and i will need help… – seagull song breaks Vadat concentration.
– Here it is, Red keeps port. Site to be amazed by, every time i see four kings it makes my flesh shiver. -cracking voice of gray old man interrupts, bended by time but still standing says it out laud, for everyone on the deck to hear.
– Stop with your melancholy old man, we are about to port!- captain yells as he passes, and goes on to abuse his crew.
Four kings carved from white as snow stone, standing vigilante for ages as they look into the horizon, all kinds of ships can be seen here, trading goods from all over the world or just stopping by for repairs. Tall stock houses side by side, like twin brothers – you cant even say where one begins and other ends. People selling fish, salt and marble, in constant rush, yelling at each other and making deals. Sometimes you can even see pirates shipping slaves, or royalties bringing they gold for save keeping in Red keeps bank. Ship sails closer and Vadat can see how crowded port is, making him a bit sick, hi isn’t fond of huge crowds, as well as sailing two months in small wooden cargo ship across ocean, so he eagerly steps out into crowd, and sets his course to Red keeps Tower for sun.
Clear sky and sun shining bright leads Vadat on his short journey, as he makes his way to gate house two guards stop him:
– Hey you, what is your busyness in Red keep? – younger one shout.
Vadat haven’t expected this, ironical that man who sees all time at the same time could not predict this coming, as few fire priest passes, he with calm voice answers:
– Calm your self guard, i am just a priest, here for ceremony.
– You don’t look as one of our priest.. – older guards step into conversation. as he looks suspiciously at Vadat. – I have never seen you before and i know everyone here.
– Well i am from Ru’tat desert, our culture is a big different than yours, i spent my days in cell praying and meditating in mountain monastery, no wonder you see me for the first time… it is my first time down here.
– Still you do not look as fire priest, i need to check you up with high priestess…
As guard closes his mouth, Vadat already knows where present will take him in the future, he knows this can be avoided only by magic, so he breaths in deeply, closes his eyes and disappears from guards sight, for them it looked like he vanished into fin air. Younger one panicked and started screaming like child, older one took off his hat and stared at nothing for a while. What happened was – Vadat stopped time and passed just a meter behind them, that was enough to slip through.
Market center, filled with people dancing and singing for all mighty gods, making sacrifices for fire, and there Hana was: dressed in black cape, easily recognized by her long red hair which u could see falling down on her chest. Vadat takes better position to keep her curious mind on him, marks her with spell rune and binds her to him, so she could not loose her sight off him. When bait was set he only needed to lead her out of the keep.
” Hana descendant from four kings, her father is fifth one in family line, but he had to die few years ago from disease, time have been damaged, and i need to fix it, she must become queen as soon as possible, bard named Lime from Saltyrivers will help her achieve this – time line was altered, as he will die tonight prematurely his time if we wont save him. So for now i will help her and save him, as sun falls down from sky we are all locked in this triangle to keep time in place and save all kingdoms from upcoming disaster, my nemesis for centuries collected dark and twisted creatures to fill his army and i only have brave heroes by my side – Song to keep us true on our course, blade to strike true in our purpose, and fire to burn and never burn out so we will never give up”